Wednesday, 15 September 2010

False Eyelashes

I'm not really one for day to day wearing of false eyelashes, I have very little patience in applying them, and worry that they'll look a bit OTT for work.

Not your typical librarian:


However, for special nights out I do like to flutter my lashes.
I've purchased various sets over the years, which I've found great-but pricey.

I had a gander on eBay and found that there are sellers in HongKong that will ship 10 PAIRS!!! for around £1.50
Well I thought, even if they're rubbish, it's worth a try and who know, might even get a bargain!



I purchased 10 pairs of 'thick volume' false lashes, and a week later these popped through my door. They didn't come with glue but I have some from previously bought kits so not to worry :) Off to the mirror i skipped and applied my new lashes!

WOW! They're fab!
Not quite as strong and robust as those you'd buy for a few £'s more..but I'm sure if you looked after them, you'd get a few wears out of each pair. Also, I'm not fussed as I have 10 pairs for less than the price of 1!

I'm so impressed with them that I've purchased 10 pairs of the 'natural' lashes and expect Mr postman to bring them to me any day now, so maybe I have been converted; expect a fluttery librarian from now on.

Photos to follow :)


Laura x


4 comments:

..R May A.. said...

I'm not big on eyelashes just because they take so long but i'm definately going to look into these!
great post :)

choux pastry hearts said...

Thank you :)

They're very much worth the £1.50

Laura x

♥ Sammi ♥ said...

Thanks so much for the heads up, definitely gonna have a gander. :) I'm addicted to false lashes. x

http://sammimonster.blogspot.com

♥ Sammi ♥ said...

Tagged you in my latest post hun. Here. :)