Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Birthday Dinner update:

Today was my boyfriend's 24th birthday and after a stressful day at work, he came over for dinner and to chill out. I've been planning the menu for a few days now and knowing he would have had a bit of a rubbish day, I wanted to make it special for him. So I knocked up a steak pie with mash, peas and carrots followed by chocolate birthday cake.

I needn't have worried, as it was all extremely yummy and the pie was all gobbled up!


The chocolate cake was very yummy too and turned out a lot better than I had expected! I'm very impressed with myself today, even if I did spend about 6 hours making a pie and a cake.


Laura
x

2 comments:

♥ Sammi ♥ said...

Haha I love the hearts on the pie. I made the exact same thing for my boyf on Valentine's Day. :) x

if-I-were-Audrey said...

happy birthday to him although already too late :) the cake looks so delicious :)