Wednesday, 2 March 2011

I'm having quite a nice week


A few years ago, I was appointed chief looker-afterer of my lovely Grandad, which meant selling my beloved Jeep and purchasing a practical but 'does nothing for your street cred' Ford Fusion. I do believe I am the youngest owner of the model in the world, the average owner age being about 70. Me being 24.


Last year my Grandad upped and moved with family so I became regular Laura again. Laura, stuck with a Fusion :( I had a bit of a low week last week feeling hormonal and the weather wasn't great. My mum suggested that I search for a new car to cheer myself up. I'd been hunting around before Christmas but never quite found 'the one'

After tapping around online, I found this little car:


I put my deposit down on Sunday for her after 'the longest test drive the man had ever been on' and I'm awaiting a call to pick her up. Thankfully the garage are going to take my Fusion PX so hopefully she will go to a nice old couple who will drive her on a Sunday to Marks and Spencer's. 


Also, my gorgeous boyfriend is 24 today so I've risen to the domestic goddess challenge and baked him a Nigella Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake. I baked it on Monday night and it's ready to be iced today. I left the icing to the last minute as I don't think I could stand the temptation to not have a piece (just to test that it was OK)  
I'm hoping it will turn out as yummy as Nigella's



In a quest to save some pennies, as I now have a new car to pay for :( I suggest that I make dinner tonight also. I'm quite a good dinner chef, but I tend to stick to the things that I do well. Silly me suggested that I make a steak pie, as i've never made a pie before, i've been scouring the Internet for recipes. Wish me luck! 





This week has started off nicely and today the sun is shining. My plans for today are to walk to the little shops and buy some icing sugar, then crack on with the cake. Nip to the bank and take out all my money and give it to the new car man, then wait for the Birthday Boy to come over so I can spoil him with pie and cake :)

Hopefully tomorrow will be NEW CAR DAY! 


I hope you're all having a nice week. Do you have plans?
Do you have a Micra?


Laura
xx

No comments: