Friday, 20 May 2011

Removing glitter nail polish

I'm sure i'm not the only one to coat my nails in sparkly glitter polish then curse myself a few days later when it's chipped and i'm struggling to remove it. I recently saw a post on Gem's blog on how to remove the unremovable so decided to try it for myself.

 Here are my terribly chipped nails:

 Cut cotton pads into small triangles and soak them in nail polish remover. I picked up this little pot of pads in Superdrug for just over £1 last week so used them.
 Place the triangle over your nail then wrap in tin foil to keep it in place
 I would suggest getting someone to help you wrap your fingers up, I had great fun trying to keep the foil to stay on my first hand when trying to cover my other hand. Leave for 15 minutes (it's best to do this when Hollyoaks is on because you really can't do anything other than sit and wait)
 Pull off the tin foil, take another soaked pad and just wipe away the glitter! MAGIC!

I was actually amazed at how easy it just melted off. Never again will I spend ages scrubbing and filing my nails to remove glitter.


 Has anyone else tried this method, or do you have any other methods of removing glitter polish?



Laura 
xx

5 comments:

Radiant.MakeUp said...

This is such a clever tip :)
definately going to give this a little go!! x

Vintage Makeup said...

This is so helpful! :) Thanks for this, cute blog!

D.Sadie said...

OH cool! Thanks for sharing. I always have trouble taking off glitter nail polish.

-Dinah
dgsbeauty.com

*Check out my giveaway:
http://www.dgsbeauty.com/2011/06/dgsbeautys-100-followers-giveaway.html

Sarah Edwina Rose said...

That's amazing! Great solution xx

Sparkle&Grey said...

Someone told me to do that to remove my gel nails, never thought of trying it for glitter polish though :)
Sparkle-and-grey.blogspot.com