Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Halloween Cupcakes

Halloween is one of my favourite times of year. I used to love dressing up as a child, my mum would make a head-hole in a bin liner which made a lovely dress, I'd cover my face in green face paint and off I'd trot to scare my nan and grandad who would be waiting with sweeties. Those were the days, eh?

Now I'm a grown up, it's not quite as fun but I try to get into the spirit, every year my friend Caroline holds a pumpkin carving afternoon, which involves lots of pumpkins, bowls of pumpkin mush and messy hands. 
The result:



 So tomorrow I'm off to carve my pumpkin, and I shall be taking with me some goodies. Usually I take some crisps and sweeties but this year I've decided to make some cupcakes. I am cheating a little as I'm using a packet mix, but it's Betty Crocker, so they'll be LUSH! 

I was in Asda at the weekend and saw the cutest little Halloween cupcake cases for £1 so tonight I shall be whipping up a batch. 

YUMMY!


I don't actually have any other Halloween plans, I'd love to go to a party if I knew someone who was having one. I might dress up and scare myself silly watching Hollyoaks though.


Does anyone else have plans?


Laura
xx


 


3 comments:

alice san said...

Aaaaaw! that look good and i cant wait for the Halloweens sooon! keke:)

TheOtherSideofCool said...

I don't have any plans either which Im sooo gutted about, really wanted to get dressed up but my friends don't like going out and my boyfriend is working nights. Poor us!

Pumpkin carving looks like so much fun and you MUST take some snaps of the halloween cupcakes! xxx

Visit The Other Side Of Cool
Tweet me! @othersideofcool

twograzedknees said...

mines been pants so far! Im from quite a religious family so halloween is a total no go in our house and I thouuuuught living in london by myself id have 101 things to do, but no :( no fancy dress for me! might just go to telco and buy a tub of sweets for myself ! xo