Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Starting early this year

Now don't get me wrong, I like Christmas as much as the next person, but what I don't like is when people claim to have bought all their prezzies in March, wrapped them all up, decorated with a bows and ribbons and are now ready for Xmas. Where's the spirit in that!? 

I like to make a few lists and get ideas around this time of year so when it comes to December, I have a vague idea of what I'm getting people and going out shopping for gifts doesn't feel quite so daunting.

I was tapping away on my laptop Monday night searching for pretty things for me for my sister and I came across this:


It's by Ted Baker. My sister recently bought a TB bag the same colour with a gorgeous silver bow on, so I just know she'll love this. I don't like buying gifts too early as it ruins the fun of Christmas for me, and sometimes I forget I've bought things. But I've fallen at the first hurdle this year: ASOS had it on sale with free delivery so I snapped it up quick. It's now sold out in this colour so I'm patting myself on the back at my bargain find and it means I'll have a few pennies to buy her something else nearer the time.
 

Am I alone in my view of keeping Christmas shopping an activity to be enjoyed in December or are you an organised early planner?


Laura
xx

6 comments:

Clo said...

I definitely know what you mean about the Christmas spirit thing. Its so much fun going around near December when everything is festive and pretty!

Zoe said...

haha, im one of those people that buy presents early, i worry that i'll forget or not have enough time!
xo

Soph. said...

I tend to start around October time and spread it out over the rest of the time! I still get excited though :) xx

Emily said...

I don't even start thinking about Christmas shopping until at least November, and probably nearer the end of the month, totally agree that the excitement is lost if you start planning too soon! Always nice when you stumble across something you know someone will love though, whatever time of year xxx

Been There, Done That, Got The Lipstick. said...

usually im last min with my xmas shooping but this year, whenever I've saw a good bargain I buy it straight away, I'm almost done with prezzies now and feeling quite smug about it. bargains & less stress.. love it.
xo

choux pastry hearts said...

Well done ladies on your forward planning. I can see the benefit of getting things done early, and I am a little smug that I have 1 prezzie crossed off my to get list. A nice ASOS delivery lady brought my order this morning, although now I have to find a safe place for it until nearer Xmas!!