Monday, 17 October 2011

Why is everyone in such a hurry to grow up?

 

I went to a wedding reception on Saturday, silly me didn't take my camera to take pictures of me and my boy looking fancy.
 It was a lovely night, but there was one thing that annoyed me. I was asked a few times how long I'd been with my boyfriend, nearly 2 years I say, their reply, "ooh! how comes you're not living together? wont be long before the babies come along! this'll be your night before long" 

Yes, it's all well and good encouraging people to take the next step in life, but I feel when people you don't even know say things like that, they're poking fun at you almost.

Yes, if I had a nice big fat bank account then maybe I would be living in a lovely little house with my boy and be planning our future. But I'm in no rush to move in, get married and have babies just yet.

I think too much pressure is put on people to speed through life and do all the things other people tell you to that you should be doing. Once you've rushed though doing all those things, then what's next? Spend your whole life coping with the bills and pressure that come with having a house and a baby and a wedding! 
I shall be spending the next few years enjoying being young-ish, not having high financial commitments and getting to know my lovely boyfriend. I very much enjoy the time we spend together and that we are able to afford to go out for dinner every now and then or out for the day and enjoy each other's company and getting to know each other and see how our future pans out in our own time, not pushed by others.

Am I reading too far into those comments, or am I right?


Laura
xx



 

3 comments:

Clo said...

I dont think you are at all, I've recently realised that people need to start just doing what they want without the pressure or worry about consequences or other peoples thoughts. As long as your happy sweetie! :D

Soph. said...

I love this post!!! :)

My advice (if you want it!?!) is not to do anything you're not comfortable with. If you dont want to move in with your boyfriend then dont do it! :) You will regret it down the line...

I moved in with my boyfriend too early and although its great, it put a lot of unneccesary stress on our relationship. You shouldnt take any notice when people you dont really know comment on your life and personal situation.

I appear to have written an essay. Sorry! :) xx

choux pastry hearts said...

thanks girls :)

I feel like I'm being silly getting annoyed over the comments, but they do annoy me. Everyone grows in their own time :) xx