Monday, 12 December 2011

Best Friends

I've never really had a best girl friend, I've always seemed to warm to boys in favour of their no fuss or non bitchiness. Don't get me wrong, I've met lots of lovely girls who I'd consider to be great friends, but sometimes girls, and that's me included, can be far too over dramatic and fussy whereas I've found a boy best friend to tell you as it is and get on with things.

When I was at school, I had a lovely friend Hannah, due to being in different classes and living a few towns away from each other, we never really got to spend too much time together and these were the days before the Internet or mobile phones were popular so communication wasn't quite so easy (showing my age here..during the war lol) She moved away to a small Island off of Scotland at 16 and we lost contact.

Fast forward a few years and the advancement of technology, we spoke on MSN and swapped numbers then Facebook and we started to chat more and more. Now I consider her to be my best girl friend (BGF). She goes against all my preconceptions of having a BGF and I adore her to pieces. She's so kind and thoughtful, never bitchy or whiney and always has time for me when I need her.

She visits a few times a year and I'm determined to fly up and see her this year too. I was sad to see her leave this time, more so than other visits and I think the penny has dropped and I've realised how lovely it is to have such a close female friend. As lovely as boys are, sometimes you need a girl to talk to. We spent a day together wandering around Bluewater shopping center and enjoyed the yummiest afternoon tea in the Cadbury Cocoa House. I hope the weather is nicer on her next visit and we can venture out somewhere nice. 





 This one wouldn't rotate :(



Do you have a BGF?


Laura
xxx

3 comments:

Soph. said...

This post is so sweet! I have been considering doing a post like this for a while!

I have 2 best friends. My all time bestest friend EVER currently lives 5 hours away at uni :( But I see her all the time when she is home.
My other best friend is the only person in the entire world who I can tell anything to and she wouldnt judge me xx

Mabel said...

Aww this post made me miss my friends! I had 2 best friends growing up and I've totally lost contact with them. I miss them, but I feel like we've all moved on with our lives and we're not teenagers anymore. I think it's for the best that we've moved on from each other, but it's still fun to remember the good old days.

Mabel
Mabel Time

Nina Gonzalez said...

i have a few bgf :) in different countries :)
happy holidays! hope you can check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration! I am hosting 3 great giveaways, 2 of which end at midnight, tonight :) xo!